APRIL ANN SPAULDING
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Background in professional photography to include news journalism, events, commercial, pets and people; shooting video with editing using Premiere Pro; and graphic and ad design/layout using Adobe Creative Suite CC. Well written press releases and articles for news media. Full knowledge of both Mac and Microsoft platforms to include Microsoft Office Suite. Extensive business to business/person to person sales and marketing both in person, traditional media (press releases, radio ads) and via social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Youtube.
August 2002 – Present
Business Owner/Photographer - April Spaulding Photography
- Design pieces for clients in both traditional and digital marketing using InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Update websites and blogs for www.aprilspaulding.com, www.funtanaphotobooth.com, www.paw-tographyportraits.com and promote through social media platforms to build brand and SEO awareness.
- Went from a part-time photographer to opening a full-time studio in 2009 photographing, with some cinematography, weddings, portraits, pets, commercial, rodeos and horse sales. Opened a 2000 sq. ft. studio in downtown Great Falls in 2013 and opened a photo booth business called Funtana Photobooth in 2012.
- Competency to manage multiple schedules and deadlines; maintain consistent work flow procedures; personal one-on-one sales applying visual sales techniques using ProSelect Software; bookkeeping; coordinate advertising with radio, newspaper and internet to create uniform advertising campaigns.
- Contracted positions: Multi-media Director for the Ranches at Belt Creek, Summer 2014: created and maintained social media initiatives to build brand awareness through all social media platforms. Interacted and engaged with the clients on their vacations and posted their adventures in videos/photos. Created hybrid photography pieces for clients personal use as well as pieces to use for promoting the ranch and properties on their website and social media.
July 2011 – November 2013
Tobacco Prevention Specialist - Teton County Health Department
- Coordinated and marketed community tobacco cessation programs through printed press releases and articles, social media campaigns by interacting with the younger social community and cultivated excellent relationships with the community.
- Created and maintained several social media pages and designed print and digital marketing pieces using Adobe CC to meet specific advertising deadlines.
- Worked with local law agencies, state representatives and senators, school districts, restaurants and businesses to adopt a zero tolerance policy for youth use and Clean Air legislation.
- During the part-time tenure there were zero Clean Indoor Air Act complaints filed with the State of Montana.
- Implemented a Healthy Teton County Coalition combining the communities health programs into one united health group with over 80 active members and one common goal. Also organized monthly meetings with adult coalitions in four towns and a youth coalition of 25-30 students in three schools.
- Evaluated the county’s Tobacco Use Prevention Program and Annual Action Plan, submission of quarterly and annual reports. Assisted in the mass immunization clinics and Planned Parenthood programs.
January 2008 - July 2011
Photographer/Graphic Artist/Sales - Choteau Acantha Newspaper
- Won a first place Montana Newspaper Association Award in 2011 for the company Web site www.choteaucantha.com and took first place for best small space ad in 2009.
- Design marketing pieces and consumer advertising layouts such as traditional print ads, web ads and social media ads using Adobe InDesign/Photoshop Software to meet required deadlines. Sold traditional print and digital ads to various businesses.
- Captured action, still (product) and posed photography for newspaper articles, ads and digital media. Updated online galleries and articles with images. Maintained a constant social media presence by posting photos of live action, current stories and interesting facts on Facebook and Google+.
- Typeset and proofed ads and articles to meet the weekly deadline. Wrote press releases for various businesses and people of interest.
- 2006-2008 Westwood University, Denver, Colo.: part time classes towards a Bachelors in Graphic Arts, GPA 3.5
- 2002-2005 Flathead Valley Community College: part time classes towards a Bachelors in Business Administration with an emphasis in Public Relations/Mass Communications. GPA 3.5
Adobe Creative Suite
- Premiere Pro
|Typing Speed 75WPM
|Basic HTML knowledge
2015 Member of FAB (Females Advancing in Business) Group of Winter Haven, FL
2014 Member of the Great Falls Montana Downtown Chicks
2014 Board member for the Montana Professional Photographers Association
2011-2013 Director of the Teton County Tobacco Use Coalition
2008-12 President of the Choteau Jaycees
2010-2012 Board member for the Choteau Chamber of Commerce